Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday mail

I got some goodies in the mail from Boiron Homeopathic that couldn't have come at a better time since Molly was home sick (again, for those keeping track of our illnesses). The deal was if you were a "Mommy blogger" you could get samples of three of their children's medicines: Children's Coldcalm® Pellets, Children's Oscillococcinum® and Children's Chestal

Molly tried the Chestal and couldn't get it down. She said it was nasty despite its supposed "pleasant taste". It even smelled horrible so I had a feeling she wouldn't like it. The ColdCalm pellets were easier -- and she immediately said she wanted to take those again. Which, if you follow the directions, she'd have to do every 20 minutes for the first hour and then every two hours thereafter. I don't know about you - but that seems like a lot.

That's my biggest issue with homeopathic -- the dosing is so frequent that it becomes tedious. I am really interested in safer and more natural treatments to illness especially in this day of over medicating. So I guess I just need to deal with the frequent dosing -- especially if the results are positive.

P.S. I also got a free sample of Burt's Bees Acne spot treatment. If you know me, you know I love a freebie. I learn about most of my freebies at Money Saving Mom.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio