Thursday, January 07, 2010

Book #4 of 2010

I am cranking 'em out like an assembly line ...

"Where Do I Go?" by Neta Jackson

Gabrielle Fairbanks has nearly lost touch with the carefree, spirited young woman she was shen she married her husband sixteen years ago. But when the couple moves to Chicago to accommodate Philip's ambition, Gabby longs for the chance to find real purpose in her own life.

A chance encounter with a homeless woman suddenly opens a dooor she never expected. The women of Manna House Women's Shelter need a Program Director--and she has the right credentials. Gabby's in her element, feeling God's call on her life at last, even though Philip doesn't like the changes he sees in her. But she never anticipated his ultimatum: quit your job at the shelter or risk divorce and losing custody of our sons.

Let me start out by saying that the character of Phillip is totally over the top. I can't imagine anyone that egomaniacal who isn't a Hollywood star or GQ model. His treatment of Gabrielle had me seething and I am anxious to see how Jackson rights this situation in the next book.

Overall, its not a bad book. Its a new offshoot of the Yada Yada series called "House of Hope". It has that typical Christian literature feel to it -- not really ground-breaking or particularly earth shattering. Just comfortable and easy. That's not a criticism because sometimes that is all I am looking for in a book. I think if you like this genre, you will be pleased with the book. And if you don't ... well go read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies".

Free Signature Generator

2 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

OK, so I just got in two books from Amazon. My goal for 2010 is to read both of them. Yes, I set my goals to an attainable level for me.

You are a reading beast!!!!!! (beast in the cool teenager language kinda way.....not the ugly monster kinda way)

Sheila said...

I read the book too, and I totally agree with your description, Phillip drove me bonkers too, completely unrealistic. But I will read the next book any way they are such easy reads!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio